Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
CHECK-OUT: 10 a.m.
- 50% of total rental cost is due at time of booking.
- Balance of total rental cost is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- Total rental costs are due upon booking on reservations made within 60 days of arrival.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES:
- A $250 per unit handling fee will be charged on cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival.
- 100% of the total rental funds received are non-refundable on cancellations made less than 60 days prior to arrival, excepting Holiday Bookings, in which 100% of the total rental cost will be charged on cancellations made after September 1st. *
- Sorry, partial or pro-rated refunds are not available in cases of weather, lack of snow, poor skiing conditions, health issues or transportation delays. We strongly recommend you obtain "travelers' insurance."
* Full or partial refund may be granted at the sole discretion of RentVail based on recovery of lost rents through re-booking.
MINIMUM STAYS & LATE CHECK-OUTS:
- A minimum night stay may be required on reservations made during certain periods. The minimum nights may be reduced for an additional "early check-out charge."
- Late check-outs must be approved in advance by RentVail. An additional "late check-out fee" will be assessed.
- A housekeeping fee (short stay fee) is applied to every reservation that is less than 5 nights. This fee is to clean the rental home after departure.
- Mid-stay housekeeping is available for an additional fee.
ADDITIONAL PERSON CHARGES:
- Each home has an occupancy level based on actual bedding.
- Some homes can accommodate additional people for an additional $35 per night upon approval by Rent Vail. In the case where additional people have stayed in the home without the prior consent of Rent Vail, an additional $150 per night will be added to the credit card on file.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
There are risks inherent in and associated with the use of any property, including the rental property, which may include risks of injury to person or property, or death. Certain risks may be more likely to occur in high altitude locales with severe climates, such as where the rental the property is located. Call RentVail immediately if there is any matter about which you are uncertain or which you believe may present an unreasonable risk to you. Risks which may be inherent to the rental property and the location in which it is located may include, without limitation: wet, slippery, or icy conditions both inside and out; falling snow or ice; being in proximity of, or use of, a swimming pool, bathtub or hot tub including without limitation risks of, drowning, heart attack, stroke or reactions to pool or cleaning chemicals; allergic or other reaction to cleaning or "freshening" products; allergic or other reaction to man made and synthetic materials; actions of third parties not under the control of the property manager or unit owner; theft of, or damage to, personal property; electric shock or other injury in the use, or misuse, of any electric appliance or mechanical devise; risk of injury in the use of garbage disposals, trash compactors, steam showers, saunas and other similar appliances.
Pregnant females (or women who suspect they may be pregnant) may be subject to particular risks and should consult a physician before using a hot tub or spa. Alcohol and other state-altering substances should not be used in or around a pool, hot tub, bathtub or sauna.
I assume these risks, whether enumerated or not, known or unknown, on my own behalf and on behalf of any person under any legal incapacity for whom I may be responsible.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
RentVail's liability shall in no event exceed the amount of the rental payment received regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. The owner's liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the rental payment received or the liability insurance then in place regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. Renter agrees to the foregoing and waives all right to claim damages in excess of the foregoing amounts, and agrees to be limited for all purposes to such amounts.
- Smoking of any kind (including marijuana) is not permitted in any residence. A $350 fee may be charged for Ozonation if smoking in the unit is detected.
- Early arrival and/or late check out must be approved in advance by RentVail
- Pets are not allowed in any residence.
PROPERTY SECURITY FEE:
The Property Protection Fee (PPF) covers the guest for accidental damage caused to the property up to a maximum of up to $1,500. The PPF does not cover intentional or malicious damage to the property nor injury to persons. Guests will be billed for all applicable damage if management in it's reasonable discretion, determines that damages were intentionally, willfully, or maliciously caused. Furthermore, guests must notify RentVail in the event of damage within 48 hours of it's occurrence and fill out and return a PSF damage form within 48 hours of the guests departure. PPF coverage is expressly limited to the maximum amount herein recited and is expressly limited to accidentally damaged items and does not apply to missing items or injury to any person. PPF coverage is not applicable for guests staying more than 30 days.
Many of the properties that we represent have wireless high-speed Internet service or Wifi. These properties use Comcast or Century Link as their service provider. We make every effort to ensure that the Internet is functioning properly prior to your arrival, however we make no representations or guarantees that the Internet will work all of the time. If the Internet is not working properly, you can contact our office during normal business hours and we will contact Comcast or Century Link to see if they are having a problem with their service. If the Internet service is down this is NOT considered an emergency, we will only call the service provider during normal business hours. If there is a technical problem that cannot be solved, RentVail will not be responsible for any Internet service provider or any other technical problem. If RentVail dispatched a technician and the problem is due to the renters own equipment/service provider or software, RentVail, will charge the renter in full for all expenses related to the service call. Furthermore, Rentvail will not refund you any money if there is any type of problem with the Internet service.