Vacation Rental Terms & Conditions
RentVail Offers: Terms You Can Rely On!
- 50% of the total rental cost is due at time of booking.
- The balance of the total rental cost is due 30 days prior to arrival date. Balances will be charged to the card on file automatically. Confirmations automatically go out when payments are processed.
- Total rental costs are due upon booking on reservations made within 30 days of arrival.
- Free cancellations within 24 hours of booking for reservations made outside of 60 days.
- A $250 per unit handling fee will be charged on cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival.
- 100% of the total rental funds received are non-refundable on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Partial or pro-rated refunds ARE NOT available in cases of weather, lack of snow, poor skiing conditions, health issues or transportation delays. We strongly recommend you obtain "travelers' insurance." Contact us prior to or on the final payment to purchase travelers insurance.
- A full or partial refund may be granted at the sole discretion of RentVail based on recovery of lost rents through re-booking.
CHECK IN/OUT POLICIES:
- Check-in time is 4:00 pm. Note that the property is not guaranteed to be ready until 4:00 pm. If you are arriving sooner, please make prior arrangements for your luggage etc. Not all properties have a storage area or lobby.
- Check out is at 10:00 am. You must receive prior written approval at least 3 days prior to departure date for a later time to avoid an additional charge.
- Late check-outs must be approved in advance by RentVail.
- A fee will be charged for last-minute, and/or unapproved early check-ins or late check-outs. Please plan accordingly.
- We provide a starter of fine soap, shampoo/conditioner combo and body lotion in each bathroom. We do not restock these amenities during your stay so please plan accordingly.
- Daily or additional housekeeping service is available to the guest at an additional charge.
Excess Cleaning: Guest shall leave the Property in a reasonably clean condition. If the Property is not left in a clean condition, normal wear and tear excepted, Guest’s credit card will be charged for an excess cleaning fee in an amount equal to the actual excess charges incurred by Agent over and above the regular and customary cleaning fee that is part of the Total Fees, to have the Property properly cleaned and restored to the condition it was in as of the Commencement Date.
ADDITIONAL PERSON CHARGES:
- Each home has an occupancy level based on actual bedding.
- Some homes can accommodate additional people for an additional $35 per night upon approval by Rent Vail. In the case where additional people have stayed in the home without the prior consent of Rent Vail, an additional $150 per night will be added to the credit card on file.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
There are risks inherent in and associated with the use of any property, including the rental property, which may include risks of injury to person or property or death. Certain risks may be more likely to occur in high altitude locales with severe climates, such as where the rental property is located. Call the rental company immediately if there is any matter about which you are uncertain or which you believe may present an unreasonable risk to you. Risks which may be inherent to the rental property and the location in which it is located may include, without limitation: wet, slippery, or icy conditions both inside and out; falling snow or ice; being in proximity of, or use of, a swimming pool, bathtub or hot tub including without limitation risks of, drowning, heart attack, stroke or reactions to pool or cleaning chemicals; allergic or other reaction to cleaning or “freshening” products; allergic or other reaction to manmade and synthetic materials; actions of third parties not under the control of the property manager or unit owner; theft of, or damage to, personal property; electric shock or other injury in the use, or misuse, of any electric appliance or mechanical devise; risk of injury in the use of garbage disposals, trash compactors, steam showers, saunas and other similar appliances. Pregnant females (or women who suspect they may be pregnant) may be subject to particular risks and should consult a physician before using a hot tub or spa. Alcohol and other state-altering substances should not be used in or around a pool, hot tub, bathtub or sauna. The rental guests assume these risks, whether enumerated or not, known or unknown, on their own behalf and on behalf of any person under any legal incapacity for whom the rental guests may be responsible.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
RentVail's liability shall in no event exceed the amount of the rental payment received regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. The owner's liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the rental payment received or the liability insurance then in place regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. Renter agrees to the foregoing and waives all right to claim damages in excess of the foregoing amounts, and agrees to be limited for all purposes to such amounts.
SPECIAL POLICIES: Smoking, Pets, Parking
- No Smoking: Smoking of any kind is not permitted in any residence. A minimum $500 fee may be charged if smoking in the unit is detected.
- No Pets: Pets are not allowed in any residence. A minimum of $500 will be charged if pets or evidence of pets are discovered. If a pet is discovered during your stay you will be asked to leave and no refund will be given for remaining nights. Pets are not allowed in any residence.
- Parking: Properties have limited parking spaces and availability. Each garage has clearance restrictions. Please plan accordingly. You can visit our website for parking accommodations for the property you reserved, or email our office for more information prior to your arrival.
- Internet: If you rely upon internet & wifi service, please keep in mind to provide for your own hotspot/wifi connection. We rely solely upon local service providers so the timing of servicing for an outage/equipment failure is at their discretion though they attempt to be as prompt as possible. Furthermore, RentVail will not refund you any money if there is any type of problem with the Internet service.
- Minimum required age of primary renter is 25 years or older.
PROPERTY SECURITY FEE:
The Property Protection Fee (PPF) covers the guest for accidental damage caused to the property up to a maximum of up to $1,500. The PPF does not cover intentional or malicious damage to the property nor injury to persons. Guests will be billed for all applicable damage if management in it's reasonable discretion, determines that damages were intentionally, willfully, or maliciously caused. Furthermore, guests must notify RentVail in the event of damage within 48 hours of its occurrence and fill out and return a PSF damage form within 48 hours of the guests' departure. PPF coverage is expressly limited to the maximum amount herein recited and is expressly limited to accidentally damaged items and does not apply to missing items or injury to any person. PPF coverage is not applicable for guests staying more than 30 days.